Improve the quality of your life.
Cynthia Akey will work with you to create a healthier lifestyle.
I specialize in stability and movement training, body leverage / body-weight training, core conditioning using Core Functional FitnessTM methodology, injury prevention, and reducing low back pain.
- Learn the fundamentals of exercise and nutrition
- Workout safely, efficiently, and see positive results
- Discover how to add healthy habits into your life
- Set and reach your wellness goals
- Have fun with your fitness!
Wellness Sessions incorporate:
- Stability and functional movement training
- Cardiovascular and aerobic training
- Strength training
- Flexibility training
- Balance training
- Breathwork training
After our initial consultation and fitness assessment, I will design a customized fitness program specifically to help you achieve your individual wellness goals.
No equipment? No problem.
You do not need a lot of equipment to have an effective workout. I provide everything needed for a great workout including: dumbbells, elastic bands, kettlebells, medicine balls, Bender balls, BOSU trainers, Versa Discs, yoga mats, yoga blocks, and more.
Yoga unites the body, mind, and spirit, and provides so many incredible healthful benefits:
- Improves your muscle strength, tone, and flexibility
- Improves your posture and protects your spine
- Boosts your immune system functionality
- Improves your breathing, energy level, and vitality
- Boosts and balances your metabolism
- Creates a sense of peace and well-being
- Reduces your stress levels
My benefits-oriented teaching style incorporates Iyengar (alignment), Ashtanga (power), and Viniyoga (therapeutic) yoga.
I offer a variety of individual and small group training classes including:
- Intro to Yoga
- Gentle Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Chair Yoga
- Corporate Yoga
- Yoga for Runners and Athletes
- Foam Rolling
- Yoga Essentials
- Mindful Meditation
Discover the power of breathwork or pranayama. In this active meditative breathing practice, discover how to calm and energize your body and mind. Learn about the functional anatomy of the breath and explore helpful breathing techniques that will bring more energy and relaxation to your life.